Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Drills and Hills

Today was awesome. I really like that word. I received a great email from someone very dear to me and it was completely uplifting. Then I went to training. Our coach had us do some drills around the park. I love drills. We had to do sprints, lunges, butt kicks, and high skipping. Just when you think it can't get any better our coach leads us to this hill that's all nice and cleaned off for us and outlined in chalk. Yes there is some sarcasm going on here. We had to run up the hill twice then run up it again backwards. I really thought we had already done hill training in the park when we went for our warm up log. Those were not hills. Those were bumps compared to this thing. I did it. I'm feeling really good right now. I'm sure I'll be feeling it tomorrow. I did find out that we have to run up this massive hill in San Francisco during the marathon. Not going to let it phase me. Gonna keep on going. This is the best experience. I am going to be smiling at the end of this race.

1 comment:

  1. YUP! Awesome is the right word! I'm so proud of you...I can't even imagine running more than what I did today! Even if you're sore, you'll feel so good about it that it won't matter!

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete